home

Monday 5 September 2016

Summer Sea & Nautical

Page layout for Mixed Media World- Summer Sea & Nautical.  I love Blue so that works, and I have chipboard sea shells then of course a steampunk twist and here you have it























I started with the chipboard and painted in soft colors, vanilla, turquoise, sage green and mauve pink.
Once the chipboard was painted and dry, I lightly sand and ink- gives it a nice distress grunge finish.
Lastly i sprayed with perfect pearl biscotti- this is my favorite adds pearl tint.  I have the liquid spray but if you have the powder just add with water in a mini mister, bingo pearl spray.  The gears i used stampendous aged bronze embossing powder- another one of my favorite things.  (Movie reference A few of my favorite things- Sound of Music)
Seashell chipboard
Compass Chipboard
Edges Chipboard























Next i created the layering elements- cut a bunch of textures, and banners with my silhouette.  Cut layering panels, distress and ink, finally stamped some manila tags, and ink.  Next create the background mixed turquoise paint with modelling paste, and press through a harlequin stencil.

























Add color with Lindy's spray- treasure Island Aqua, maidenhair Fern Green, and Delphinium Turquoise.
I just add more and more color until happy.  I like to have the layout really wet, it blends better, and you don't get any hard edges.
















I was impatience and didn't let the paint mixed with modelling paste fully dry so that blended in too.  At first i was grumpy but when i let it dry overnight i liked the element or maybe i just needed a break from staring at it.  The final touch was lightly adding some brown gelatos around edges, makes the harlequin pop.

Add all the layers



































Off the clean the house... why oh why is there no magical fairy.  I often tell my husband i need a wife- someone who cooks and cleans so I would have the time to craft more.

Followers- 43
We are getting followers lets see if we can get 50 by the end of the year.
Thanks for the support ladies and gentlemen.

1 comment: