home

Thursday 29 September 2016

Friendship

This month FRIENDSHIP is the challenge at Anything but Cute.  I used a vintage photo of a child and a dog- what spells Friendship more than having a pet.  

This is Alex and Zeke when we first bought Zeke home- Look at that smile!!!!  Now it is three years later and he still has that smile, and Zeke is very much our second child.
















Now the friendship layout.























I started by brushing on white gesso on background pattern paper.





















Added modeling paste through a brick stencil.  Once modeling paste is dry spray with water.  I like to add the water before color so the color blends and bleeds easier.  Next splash with color.  Used Lindy's van Dyke Sepia, Buccaneer Bay Blue, Brushed Nickel, Pegleg Pete's Purple.  I splattered the pegleg Pete's Purple.
Dry











I cut tags, tabs, texture edges, and harlequin with my silhouette from pattern paper and vanilla cardstock.
Distress and ink paper elements. Position everything on the page along with chipboard.  At this point the chipboard and harlequin has been left plain.















I painted the harlequin with Pegleg Pete's Purple, I puddled it onto to get it dark and have slight variations in color.  You could paint before glueing down but i didn't really know what i was doing still I was doing it.



















I painted the chipboard with alchemy paints- metallique steampunk copper, opal magic blue-gold, and metallique black berry.  I painted all the chipboard with opal magic blue-gold first then blended on copper and black berry in selected areas.  No rhyme or reason to where i added copper and black berry just painted.








I like how the purple turned out, which is weird i am not a purple person.  Not even sure why i bought purple lindy's spray but hey it works.













I like the contrast of white in the background from the gesso.

Have a great weekend ladies, maybe a gentleman or two.  My family and I are off to Smokey Lake Pumpkin festival in our new to us 1965 Ford Falcon. Below.  The husband is very excited, I figure this purchase is worth a couple scrapbook weekends without his moaning and groaning!!!








6 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda, What a gorgeous mixed media layout you've created. This image is so perfect with the plum colors and gorgeous elements you've chosen. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute for our Friendship challenge. Kind regards, Autumn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and wonderful layout! Zeke sure looks happy to be meeting Alex and I can't think of anything better than a fur baby! The textures on this are beautiful and I am glad you used the purple. The darker and lighter tones are wonderously awesome sauce! Fantabulous design!

    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Friendship" challenge. Hugz! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, you make the best layouts, and I really enjoyed learning how this came together. The purple looks deep and mysterious--perfect for this time of year. Thank you for sharing your fabulous layout with us at Anything But Cute for our Friendship challenge. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, your layout looks so dreamy and magical! What a beautiful combination of light and dark tones! Amazing textures and a brilliant composition! Love all the details and your fantastic design! Thank you so much for joining in our 'Friendship' challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled to let you know that you are Runner-up in our Friendship challenge at Anything But Cute with this beautiful layout - huge congratulations. You can pick up your Runner-up badge from: http://anythingbutcutechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/winners-challenge-17-friendship.html Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete